I noticed 3 problems with my Vim terminal setup on Ubuntu which can be illustrated by the following picture of my current Vim. I get the same look with a lot of airline-themes (e.g. molokai, jellybeans, dark, etc.)
- The first problem is that I'd like to have colors with my status bar which are clearly not appearing.
- Also I don't know if the symbols of the status bar are correct, because the arrows do not look like the ones shown below.
- Finally the upper bar indicating the buffers or the tabs clearly do not look like mine.
Also, here are some potentially useful informations
- I installed the powerline patched Mac OS font Monaco. This helped me to replace some weird symbols and get the ones shown above.
- The only airline theme that was different was base16.
- I tried changing the Vim colorscheme to different ones, but it didn't solve anything.
Finally here is a copy of my .vimrc
set encoding=utf8 set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/Vundle.vim let g:ycm_global_ycm_extra_conf = '~/.vim/bundle/YouCompleteMe/third_party/ycmd/cpp/ycm/.ycm_extra_conf.py' call vundle#begin() Plugin 'gmarik/Vundle.vim' Plugin 'https://github.com/Valloric/YouCompleteMe.git' Plugin 'https://github.com/scrooloose/nerdtree.git' Plugin 'https://github.com/tpope/vim-surround.git' Plugin 'https://github.com/terryma/vim-multiple-cursors.git' Plugin 'dkprice/vim-easygrep' Plugin 'vim-airline/vim-airline' Plugin 'vim-airline/vim-airline-themes' Plugin 'MarcWeber/vim-addon-mw-utils' Plugin 'tomtom/tlib_vim' Plugin 'garbas/vim-snipmate' " Optional: Plugin 'honza/vim-snippets' call vundle#end() filetype plugin indent on filetype plugin on filetype indent on syntax on " air-line let g:airline_powerline_fonts = 1 "highlight Pmenu ctermfg=15 ctermbg=4 guifg=#ffffff guibg=#0000ff let g:ycm_show_diagnostics_ui = 1 let g:ycm_enable_diagnostic_highlighting = 0 set number set autochdir set ruler set ts=4 set expandtab set shiftwidth=4 set cursorline set showmatch set ignorecase set showcmd set list listchars=tab:\ \ ,trail:· " set timeoutlen = 200 set nofoldenable set wildmode=full set laststatus=2 set completeopt-=preview map <Tab> <C-W>W nnoremap <F5> :NERDTreeToggle<CR> :nmap <F3> :vimgrep //j ** <bar> copen
If more information is needed to solve these problems, I'll gladly provide it.
UPDATE: I solved the first two problems by putting 'set t_Co=256' in my .vimrc, but the upper bar is still the same is it normal?