I have a rather long chat transcript that I copied out of a window, and when I pasted it into vim, it put two line breaks after every username, and then what the user typing said. I'd like to:
- Search for the
- Go to the top of the file.
- Start recording the macro
- Move to the next match.
- Press the delete key twice to move to move the text up to the same line as the user's name
- Finish recording the macro.
- Run the previously recorded macro for every match in the file.
How would one go about this in VIM?