- I select the whole contents of a source buffer:
- Then I move to another buffer, let's say
- I update the the whole contents of the destination buffer with the yanked text:
Now, if I try to repeat the last two steps on a new destination buffer, let's say
D2, I see I have lost the original source text. Instead, what I have in the clipboard are the contents of the last destination buffer,
- Is there a way I can repeatedly yank the same source text to different destination buffers?
- What can be the reason to this behaviour? May I have a setting saying something like "selecting text automatically yanks it"? If so, I think I would like to disable that behaviour.