Turns out my problem with this answer is that I need patch 7.4.143. I can't find any download on vim.org for a Windows patched-vim installer. Is there an official distribution of patched vim 7.4 for Windows? Wikia says Vim without Cream is the way to go - is that indeed the one? Thanks!
Since no one has really answered this question, here's my recommendation for installing the latest Vim on Windows.
- My recommendation for getting Windows Vim.
- You can download the latest stable Vim installer
- Download page for latest nightly build installer
- Not recommended because build may not be stable, unless you need the absolute latest build.
- Another Windows Vim build.
- However, some DLLs are not included, but they can be downloaded from the official Vim website download page (see above), called
If you are using Chocolatey package manager, I recommend
vim-tux which is sourced from tuxproject.de:
choco install vim-tux -y
The other chocolatey package,
vim has not been updated, and it seems that package maintenance has stalled. Otherwise, you can install the older version using:
choco install vim -y