I know that by pressing s, I can delete a character and enter insert mode. How do I do the same for words. Is there an equivalent to s for deleting a word and entering insert mode?


ssubstitute works on the current character or selection. It doesn't take any movement.

change however accepts movements -> ciw, ce, cw, ca", c2t,, etc.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.