I'm transitioning to vim and I love the feature other IDEs provided in which when I wrote something with a syntax error it accuses me through a red underlining.

I don't know what this type of feature is called. Can someone hint me how to make that work?

I'm coding in ruby.

What I'm looking for I think is called linter


This is what's needed for solving the problem


| improve this answer | |
  • Thats one possible choice. I use ale. But the gist of the answer is basically a plugin, unless you want to do the heavy lifting yourself. – D. Ben Knoble May 7 '19 at 2:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.