Let's say I want to edit the text
The way I know to do it is:
- Move the caret (cursor) until it is over the W
ywto yank the word
- Move the caret 1 position to the left of the W
pto paste the yanked word. Now you have:
but the caret is over the first 'r', so you have to
- Move the caret 1 position to the right of the r
- Enter INSERT mode
My questions are:
- Why is step 3 necessary? It seems silly that a
pright after a
ywwould cause a pasting after the first letter of the word you just yanked.
- Why is step 5 necessary? It seems more intuitive that the caret would be after the final pasted character, not on top of it
- Is there a more efficient vim incantation for this action?